Monday, February 6, 2012

What I've Done Lately

I just came back from a 35 minute walk. I walked about 1.2 miles to the post office and back. I need to buy some actual walking shoes. I sold a purse and had to mail it out today. It gives me motivation whenever I make a sale to go out and walk. I had to bundle up though. It's 46 degrees Fahrenheit out today. That's probably the high for the rest of the day. It's nice because it's sunny out. If it were cloudy, I probably wouldn't have gotten out of my PJs.

Jesse has had a persistent cough for the last couple of weeks. It'll get better during the week but during the weekend it gets worse. I honestly think that if he had taken medicine when I had told him to it wouldn't have gotten as bad. I hope he feels better before our reception. I want him to enjoy it as much as I do or rather am. I've been getting the last bit of things together over the last couple of weeks which is why I haven't updated. I have most of the photo booth props ready just need to get a couple of hats from the Dollar Tree.
I was going to make Thank You bags for Jesse's relatives that are helping set up the room but it's not in the budget and I don't have the time. We decided to take everyone out to breakfast the Sunday after the reception. It'll give us some more time together before we have to come back. We're renting a car since Jesse's car is might not make it over the big hill near Mammoth.

I'm going to glitter a pair my shoes for the reception. I looked high and low for a pair of affordable eye-catching heels but everything was out of my budget. I have been practicing wearing these shoes around the house for several hours to get used to them. So far so good. I'm going to make them RED. I LOVE red. It's been my favorite color since I was a kid. Red and hearts have always been my thing.

Our anniversary is in a week. It will be our one year anniversary. I bought Jesse a 6 oz flask with his initials on it. It'll be a little late but I think he'll like it. I don't know if he'll use it since he only drinks with me but I figure it's a classy gift for my man. I need a new wedding band. I only paid $30 for it and it shows it. I'd like to get a simple silver wedding band.

I'm going to do my own hair for the reception. It's a lot short. I figure something
Photobucket

My hair is a little bit longer but I figure it'll look good. I'm going to put a flower on one side. I haven't decided whether to have a magnolia or white orchids. I'm still debating on wearing a birdcage veil or not. I guess I'll just have to try it out and see if I like the way I look.

Onto non-reception related things. I am having lenses put into my vintage frames. They should be done this week. I bought some contact lenses too. I took advantage of having the car and went thrifting. I bought a couple of purses, a couple of pairs of shoes, a necklace, and a vintage kitty vase. I'll post pics once I get around to taking them.

I tried making apple chips. I had tried some at Costco a few weeks ago and really liked them. We also had some of the freeze dried apples and those were really yummy. First I used some Delicious Red and those did not taste good. They left a bitter after taste in my mouth. The Gala apples were super sweet and crispy. I topped them with a little cinnamon. I had to raise the oven temp to 250 degrees F. but other than that it was fun and easy. Oh and the house smelled great. Like fresh baked apple pie.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting!!
    you should show us some of your wedding bits.
    love glitter red shoes!
    Dollar Tree is the best for crafting.
    mmmm apple chips are good.. I remember my sis baking some for me.
    about the sopes..you can buy the Maseca at any Mexican store.sopes are easy to make.
    besios


    besios

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOo apple chips! you should upload some pics ^^ thanks for sharing hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete