Friday, August 10, 2012

A Little Fright Here and There

Wow so this week flew by yet again. It always amazes me that I can loose track of time and not realize it until it's the end of the week. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing much better. Last week I had a bit of a a fright. Last Thursday, I was sitting on the recliner chair playing with my boob. Before you get the wrong idea I was rubbing the top of my boob. I get boob pains sometimes from sleeping on my chest so it's become second nature. I find it soothing and don't realize I do it 90% of the time. So I'm rubbing my boon and suddenly I feel a lump. I freak out go to our bedroom and give myself and exam. Yep definitely something there. By now, I'm almost in tears. Thankfully there is no history of breast cancer in our family but you never now. Luckily I was going to the OB/GYN  the next day to get my BC pill refilled. My mom keeps trying to talk me out of taking them so I can get pregnant. What is it with people hinting at having a baby when you closer to being 30? I'm a few years away but still everyone is pushing us to have kids.
Friday I go to my appointment but they can't see me since there booked solid so I schedule an appointment for early Saturday morning. Thank God all is good. Apparently I've drinking to much coffee. My body is sensitive to how much caffeine I take in. I've had this happen before. I had to kick the caffeine for several months. What was funny was that my boobs when down in size but then bounced back. So I have stopped drinking coffee. It's been one week and I do miss it. I love the smell of coffee and the perkiness it gives me. However, my breast health is much more important to me. I've noticed that it I drink or eat anything with caffeine I get a migraine. It's rapid and lasts until I go to sleep. I'm so glad that nothing bad is going on with my body.

I was going to make a post of all the goodies that I've bought at rummage sales and thrift stores. I haven't found my camera. I don't remember where I put it and haven't really remembered to look for it. I think Jess may buy me a new camera soon. That would be nice. Mine's over 5 years old and it shows it.  I'd also like to get a newer iPhone but we don't know how much that is going to set us back. We've been considering it since we've been going $40 over on text messaging. Yeah, it adds up and we don't need to waste money on texting.

The other day we sat down and finally figured out how and where we were spending our money. Let's just say we were spending WAY too much on eating out. Once you actually write it down and add it up, it's a lot. We decided that if we're going to eat out, we're going to make a nice dinner date out of it. It's more personal and you enjoy the meal more that way. Also, we're going to cut down on things we don't need.

This weekend is Hot August Nights in Reno/Sparks. It's a HUGE annual event that is centered around the 50's and 60's. There will  be hot rods, shows, food, and shopping. We're suppose to go tomorrow. Jess thought it would have been nice to rent a room and hang out in Reno. However, most of the hotels were sold out. That should give you an idea of how big of an event it is.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I have had people ragging on me about having a baby since I was 20 years old. *lol* A full decade pretty much. I got married when I was 18 so I suppose everyone expected after a couple years of alone time we would want to start a family. But we were in no rush *Obviously* Now I am 30 and will be having a B'day.... in just over a month *EEEEPPP*
    The Mr. and I both feel as though we are ready to throw kids in the mix. So I don't want to wait to much longer to start trying for our first. I AM the only one in my whole family who has waited until her 30's to start a family. Everyone else had their first from 17 - 25 *sheesh*

    I am very glad your boob is okay and the lump was caffiene caused. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really ridiculous how people expect you to get pregnant within a few years of marriage. I got a lot of crap of random people because I'm Hispanic.
      "Oh what's wrong with you? Why don't you want to have kids?"
      "Nothing is wrong with me I'm just not stupid and want to enjoy my life for now." That usually shut them up. I understand my mother-in-law wanting us to have kids since she's pushing 60 but that's not reason for us to have a kid if we're not ready yet.

      Delete
    2. oh, yeah! I hate but it happens all the time. more over, when we decided to get married at last everybody kept asking if I was pregnant to going to be. Still nobody believes me I think it is too early to have kids. Most of them are making a sad face and asking about my health. boo.

      Delete
    3. don´t pay to much attention to people who want to make you pressure about having a baby you will know when the right moment is and it´s your baby then and not theirs, can be sometimes annoying that people always think they have a right to tell you what to do.
      the dinner date idea sounds really great, so eating really becomes somthing special;)
      love and kiss,mary

      Delete
    4. I know. It's really stupid. I don't know why people always feel they have a right to tell you what they think is best for you.

      Delete
  2. Please don't pay the tiniest bit of attention to those who except you to have kids already (or ever, if you decide not to have any in long run). Your body - and life - is yours to do as you please with, and should never be dictated by the social pressures of others. I think it's awesome that you're enjoying your youth and life, child-free right now, and am sure that the experiences and understandings about yourself you gain during these years will help make you an even better parent, if you do venture down that path one day.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete