Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Times seems to fly

Well my dear readers. It's been a few weeks (again) since my last post. My laptop did indeed died. Luckily my hard drive was intact without damage. My hubby bought a housing case so now it's an external hard drive. I'm just glad all of my photos are safe. We're waiting to hear back from one of his co workers about a laptop he has for sale. 

It seems only yesterday I was worried about Thanksgiving and here we are about a week away from Christmas. We finally bought our Christmas tree last weekend. 

We always buy a noble fir. Jess really likes the smell and look of real trees. I'd be happy with an artificial tree but he won't have it. All of the decorations and tree skirt were either thrifted or bought at rummage/estate/garage sales. I don't think I've ever bought any new ornaments since we've been married.  

Today I got into the holiday spirit and decorated the house a bit more. 


Now I just need to go buy a couple of presents and I should be set. 

If you don't hear from me before the new year: I wish all of you a merry Christmas and happy new year. Be sure to spend happy and safe times with friends and family. 








14 comments:

  1. Your tree looks beautiful! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tree! We don't do real trees coz the kids find them too hard to decorate..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally understand. Sometimes I have trouble getting ornaments to stay in place.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely tree - it is sooo perfect looking! :) Merry Christmas and a very happy new year to you Mariela! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great!! We didn't do but two Christmas decorations this year. An old ciramic tree that lights up and an angel light that friends gave us. Your hubby would go mad in my house...no real tree. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean. I wouldn't have minded a smaller tree but my hubby would have. I need a ceramic tree for next year.

      Delete
  5. That's awesome about your hard drive being safe! Mine was salvageable from my old computer, too (phew!). Your Christmas tree is absolutely beautiful! Love ornaments in apothecary style jars - that's really charming! (I wish I had some myself to follow your lead with.)

    Thank you so much for the wonderfully nice congratulations (re: being crowned a Queen of Vintage), honey.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. I was super happy about the hard drive. The last laptop I killed lost everything.

      Delete
  6. I love the shape of that fir - stunning tree you found. We have to have a fake one as the husband is allergic but I do miss the smell of a real one. I keep meaning to look out for a tree skirt at estate sales, it's something ours badly needs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! We've had great luck with finding beautiful trees here. Not sure if its because we're do close to Oregon.

      Delete
  7. Your tree is lovely! And your hubby is right, real trees all the way! I felt so betrayed when my mom bought a fake tree, it still hurts to see it each year. I love the jars with ornaments, too. So festive and such a great way to decorate!

    Deborah
    Hellcat Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. I feel a little guilty about cutting down a tree and just tossing it. Although in the last year we dried out the tree and used the trunk for firewood so it's not so bad.

      Delete